Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Good Deed At Walmart

An employee identified only as "Al" recently found $60 in cash (probably almost a day's pay after Uncle Sam gets his) lying on the floor in the electronics section at Walmart in Southport. Instead of pocketing the money, which many, myself included, would have done, Al took the money to the Customer Service desk to be held in the safe in case anyone should come looking for it.

Congratulations Al, you did the right thing.

I would have taken the money and justified it by thinking... "anyone who is dumb enough to lose $60 in cash doesn't deserve the money in the first place." But not Al. Al probably thought... "man I bet it feels terrible to lose $60. Let me take this to a safe place in case the person comes looking for it."

Now, before you go on thinking I am some uncaring, rotten human being, I have found several wallets full of money and credit cards in my lifetime. I have without question gone way out of my way to return these wallets, with the cash, to their rightful owners. Losing your credit cards, driver's license, Social Security Card, etc., now that is bad news. Losing a few dollars because of your own carelessness, that is just a minor penalty.

Finders keeper!

No comments:

Post a Comment